JOB DESCRIPTION DESIGNATION: 2 x Café Bar Front of House Staff
HOURS: Position 1 – Fri and Sat – Midday to 6pm
Position 2 – Fri and Sat – 7pm-1am
WAGE: £9 per Hour
RESPONSIBLE TO: Café/Bar Manager
Do you have a passion for art and excellent customer service skills? Elysium are currently recruiting for new staff members to join their team.
Purpose of the Job
The café bar staff are the first point of contact for visitors to the Café Bar, gallery and its events. You will be responsible for ensuring the smooth service of all sales of food and drink, providing a welcoming environment and courteous point of contact and information for all customers and assisting with the promotion of elysium events.
- Serving customers in a pleasant and courteous manner and dispensing beverages and food.
- Supplying visitors with information and advice in relation to the art gallery and bar events, anticipating the needs and requirements of visitors in a proactive manner.
- To maintain the presentation, cleanliness, and hygiene of the Bar and café areas.
- To be fully conversant with all elysium policies including Equal Opportunities and Health and Safety and to be conversant with the details of the elysium premises licence and ensure compliance with current licencing laws.
- To attend and contribute to training or meetings as required.
- To carry out any further duties as reasonably requested by the Cafe Bar Manager, or Director/s, or whoever s/he designates.
- Be trustworthy, reliable, confident and enjoy the culture that this industry offers
- Contribute to the effective and efficient marketing of elysium cultural activities through social media, basic poster design and documenting live events.
- A Welsh speaker is desirable but not essential
Terms and Conditions
These are 2 x part-time roles.
Job position 1 – Fridays and Saturdays: 7pm – 1am (12 Hours)*
Job position 2 – Fri, Sat: 12pm – 6pm (12 Hours)*
*Optional additional hours will be available on occasions and the chance to swap shifts
Bar experience is required.
Competent use in computers and the use of photoshop to help with our demanding social media presence.
To apply, please send your CV , 2 references and which position you are interested in to Kirsty Guise, elysium Bar Manager by email to email@example.com
Deadline for applications: Midnight Friday 4th October
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted on Monday 7th October
Interview date: Wednesday 9th October
elysium gallery is one of Wales’s leading artist led contemporary arts organisations, presenting innovative, experimental work in the visual arts, accompanied by a programme of learning and participation activities.
elysium is an artist led, not-for-profit social enterprise comprising of 85 artists workspaces and two contemporary art galleries over 4 locations in Swansea City Centre, Wales, United Kingdom. We support 14 artists’ studios and an exhibitions space at 16 College Street, 13 studios at 2 Mansel Street, 58 studios with additional project and resource spaces at 34a Orchard Street.
The job will be based at the main elysium gallery and bar at 210 High Street. This venue houses the main elysium gallery exhibitions whilst the bar also houses performance, live music and large group events that support the gallery programme.