Who: Artists are invited to contribute to ‘Ways of Protest’ an extensive exhibition at elysium gallery aimed at exploring and utilising the arts as a vehicle for protest, and how activism and a desire for change can drive individual and collective creativity.
Details: elysium gallery invites artists working in all medias from all countries to participate in this project. The exhibition aims to research & look at different Ways of Protest, and ask:
- What types of protest work? Are the big headline grabbing activist campaigns always the best?
- How can we address political concerns, stigma’s, vulnerabilities, oppression and giving voice to the voiceless?
- How can we explore different forms of protest? Large or small acts of resistance.
- All over the country people are mounting various forms of resistance in different contexts, how might we capture that? What have been your experiences?
We are also looking for content from film and photography artists, were you at a Protest event? What did you do? What did you see? Are you part of a protest group? We want to hear from you.
- Entry is open to all and free of charge to enter
- The work can be in any medium
- Email us good quality JPEG images of the submitted work along with your name, 50 words maximum statement and brief bio. Links to your website or any relevant online source to your work. This is for website and publicity purposes.
- If a piece of work is a performance or site-specific please send us a description and brief proposal with relevant images
- Work will be selected by elysium gallery. Artists will be notified before the end of September
Deadline: Friday 28th August 2020
Exhibition: Friday 20th November 2020 (preview), continues until Saturday 16th January 2021
Email: Subject matter PROTEST email@example.com
Address: Ways of Protest, elysium gallery, 210 High St, Swansea, Wales, UK, SA1 1PE
Additional: WAYS OF PROTEST is a part of a series of protest related cultural exhibitions and events across Swansea City Centre.
is an artist led contemporary visual art gallery, performance venue and artist
studio provider situated across various locations in Swansea City Centre.
Established in 2007, elysium is committed to providing support for emerging and
established artists, as well as encouraging pride and participation in local
visual and performing arts in an environment that promotes experimentation,
freedom and appreciation in all creative practices.