Volunteer with elysiumgallery
We are currently seeking new volunteers to join the Elysium gallery and studios team. The role of the volunteer involves invigilating during exhibition opening hours (weds – Sat 12-5pm) and occasional bar work at gallery openings from 7 – 9pm. This can be an exciting opportunity for anyone who is interested in working in arts management, exhibition making, curating and visual art practice.
Anyone with enthusiasm, energy and some knowledge and interest in contemporary art is eligible to apply. Please see below for roles currently vacant:
Gallery support / Exhibition Invigilator (inc opening nights)
- To open gallery up and clean gallery, kitchen and toilets ready for visitors.
- To learn about artwork.
- To meet and greet the public as they enter and explaining to them About the show and about elysium mailing list
- To answer phone and answer queries or to take any messages for the directors.
- To answer phone and explain the elysium access policy.
- To answer door bell, open back doors and assist disabled members of the public.
( volunteers will not be on their own and full training will be given, there is no lifting of people they must be able to get themselves in the chair lift)
- To attend a monthly gallery catch up meeting.
- To learn the fire procedures.
- Wed to Saturday 12-5pm
- Plus occasional evenings for opening nights (7-9pm)
Elysium Gallery & Studios, 16 College street, Swansea, Sa1 5bh
- Induction training will be given by Jonathan Powell or Daniel Staveley.
- Two people will be volunteering together either with a director or another volunteer.
- Be interested in the arts
- Ability to work on your own initiative
- Good inter personal skills
- Experience of volunteering in a established and respected art gallery
- Becoming part of an artistic community with lots of help and advice
- Training opportunities will be available
- To translate English into welsh all Elysium Gallery website, publication and promotional materials
- To meet and greet (Welsh speaker only) visitors to the gallery on special occasions
- To attend a monthly gallery catch up meeting
- Publicity materials 4 weeks prior to opening date
- Website translation is ongoing
- Elysium Gallery & Studios, 16 College street, Swansea or at your own home/office
- To be fluent in English and Welsh
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Experience of volunteering with an established and well respected art gallery
- Training and more work opportunities will become available
If you are interested in any of the above positions please email us with a CV, a statement of interest and how you would like to get involved.